Trademark Registration in Tunisia
We provide for the following Trademark services;
Trademark search & registration
- Our Trademark Attorney in Tunisia will conduct Trademark searches with Tunisia Intellectual Property Office. The Preliminary trademark search shall be conducted to avoid legal complications in the future. The point of a trademark search is to ensure that the trademark is not already under application or registered by another entity in order to reduce the possibilities of the rejection or opposition raised, in the Trademark registration process.
- Our Trademark Attorney in Tunisia will Filing and prosecuting Trademark applications at the Tunisia Intellectual Property Office
- Infringement and validity opinion.
Post-registration services on:
- Recordal of Renewals
- Recordal of Assignment, change of name and/or Merger
- Recordal of Licensing and Franchising
Trademark Application Filing Requirements in Tunisia :
- Name, address and nationality of the Applicant;
- Five copies of the mark not exceeding 10 cm;
- List of goods and services;
- List of Classes;
- Priority application number, country and date, if any;
- Certified copy of priority documents (with English translation),
- Power of Attorney (no notarization or legalization required)
- Trademarks in Tunisia are categorized in accordance with the International Classification of Goods and Services under the Nice Classification;
- Multi-class applications are allowed for separate classification of goods for which the trademark is to be registered;
- The total time from filing to registration is approximately 14 months. Trade mark applications are examined for compliance with formal and substantive requirements and are published in the official gazette after acceptance.
- Trade marks may be opposed within 2 months from the date of publication.
- The Trademark registration and protection lasts for 10 years from the filing date.
- The Trademark registration is renewable indefinitely for periods of 10 years. The trademark renewal can be requested during the grace period of six (6) months after expiration, upon payment of a late renewal fee.
- The Trademark will become vulnerable to cancellation actions based on lack of use, if it goes unused for more than five years (5) after registration of the trademark.
Please contact us for more information regarding Trademark Services in Tunisia.